ISIS claims responsibility for deadly attacks on Kurdish area north Syria

12346380_10153817288708872_1889181972679230797_n.jpg

A boy wounded in the ISIS-led terror attacks in Te Temir receives treatment in Hasakah hospital. Photo: ARA News

ARA News

HASAKAH – The radical group of Islamic State (ISIS) claimed responsibility for deadly car bomb attacks on the town of Tel Temir in Syria’s northeastern province of Hasakah.

The group said on Friday in a statement, published by the pro-ISIS news agency of Amaq, that its jihadists have carried out three suicide attacks against Kurdish checkpoints in Tel Temir town, which have killed and wounded dozens of civilians. 

“Three martyrdom (suicide) attacks were conducted by members of the Islamic State on Thursday against Kurdish units in the town of Tel Temir in Hasakah province,” the statement read. 

At least 25 people, mostly civilians, were killed and 122 others wounded in the ISIS-led car bomb attacks earlier on Thursday. 

“The number of victims could increase as a large number of them were hardly injured and some of them are in critical health conditions,” Kurdish security official Kanaan Barakat said on Friday.

Eyewitnesses told ARA News that rescue teams have pulled dozens of victims from the rabble subsequent to the explosions. 

The attacks targeted checkpoints of the Kurdish forces of the Asayish and the YPG in Tel Temir. The checkpoints were installed downtown and at the southern gate of Tel Temir. The three targeted locations were crowded with civilians at the time of the explosions. 

Reporting by: Jan Nasro

Source: ARA News 

For the latest news follow us on Twitter

Join our Weekly Newsletter

Shortlink:

Related Items

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

nine + 8 =

Top